Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

test negative, ultrasound shows 5 weeks?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I was given a urine pregnancy test 3 weeks ago. It came back negative. Three weeks later I have a vaginal ultrasound done and it showed a 5 week pregnancy. My blood work is showing negative. The first was below 1 and the second one was done 4 days later and showed 2.3. I feel pregnant and I can feel the "flutters", have mild nausea and mild stomach discomfort. I have not had my period in over a month. But I did have some slight bleeding and cramping over the past weekend. I guess my question is: Am I still pregnant? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my second pregnancy. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

If the vaginal USG is showing pregnancy then it is the most confirmatory test.Blood HCG test usually comes positive after about 10 days of a missed period date and the rising titres of HCG support pregnancy.Light bleeding/spotting is present in somw woman during early pregnancy.
Kindly wait for a week and repeat HCG titres.If they are increased that is a good sign.Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for examination to look for signs and symptoms suggestive of pregnancy.

Take Care!

|

replied January 29th, 2012
hi, i have the same problem.i have very irregular periods so doctor sent me for a transvaginal scan.i havnt had a period from the end of novembr. I had slight spot bleeding a few days before the scan&cramps.The scan showed a 4week pregnancy,which was a shock. I took a pregnancy test aftr the scan but it was negative, took another test the following day which was also negative. Im so confused now.
|

hi, i have the same problem.i have very irregular periods so doctor sent me for a transvaginal scan.i havnt had a period from the end of novembr. I had slight spot bleeding a few days before the scan&cramps.The scan showed a 4week pregnancy,which was a shock. I took a pregnancy test aftr the scan but it was negative, took another test the following day which was also negative. Im so confused now.
|

|

replied October 9th, 2012
health question
Hello,
i have 5 week pregnancy, but bleeding was going on..Then i have done usg (gynac sonography)..It is negative but after i have done the preg test in home and it is positive. I want to ask i am pregnanat or not.....
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.