Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

test again? I am sick, and want to take my antibiotics

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
Hi, I have been feeling very moody, and sleepy for more than a week now. My period was late, I did a pregnancy test, and a blood test on Thursday 04/08. Both were negative, but another test(04/08) showed that I have ovulated. My period started 08/08, and I have more bad moods, sleepiness and even hightened sense of smell, and no apetite at all. Is it possible that I can be pregnant? When would be a good time to test again? I am also sick, and want to take my antibiotics, but I am afraid that if I am pregnant it will affect the pregnancy. Any advice will be appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A25882
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms (feeling moody, increased sleepiness, delayed periods, increased sensitivity to smell, loss of appetite) could be suggestive of possibility of pregnancy. The appearance of symptoms depends on how your body reacts to the changing hormonal status. Few women can get period like bleeding (decidual bleed) during first few months of pregnancy. Wait and watch for your next periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms if you suspect chances of pregnancy. If you do not get your periods within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you get abnormal periods, or if you develop symptoms suggestive of pregnancy, you should consider visiting your gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Pregnancy tests done early in pregnancy can show you false negative results, hence you can consider repeating the tests in next 7-10 days.
Avoid taking the antibiotics unless pregnancy chances are ruled out. If pregnancy gets confirmed, request your gynecologist for prescription of safer ones that can be taken during pregnancy.
Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.