Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Terrified! further tests and a respitory clinic consult.

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
I am 44 year old smoker. Was unwell a couple of weeks ago and coughing up phlegm and blood in it for a few days. I have a pain behind my right shoulder thats not going away. My gp sent me for a chest xray on monday. He called me on Tuesday to say that a shadow was found in my right lung and the radiologist had recommened further tests and a respitory clinic consult. I still have the pain and thinking back i have been lethargic for months and had pain on and off behind my shoulder blade. I received a letter today telling me to get a renal function test before they issue me with an appointment for a cat scan with iv contrast. Absolutely terrified i might have lung cancer.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 16th, 2016
Active User, very eHealthy
Jus, sometimes it takes us some adversity to wake up... but having pain does not equate to cancer. Be calm, find out first whats going on, and take steps to heal. This is easier said than done of course, but other ppl also go through this, and u can. Have courage! Find friends or family to help support u, and decide what needs to be done.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply