Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Terrible Stomach pains, help?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi im sarah, and im 15 years old. For the past couple days ive been having non stop stomach pains. It started when i got kinda anxious and nervous and it was brutal, it lasted the whole night. Sometimes after i eat it hurts, and when i get mad or worked up it starts to hurt too. Even after i drank water it hurts. Are these signs of a stomach ulcer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Abdominal pain can be due to various reasons as:
1)GERD or Reflux Oesophagitis -- It should be relieved by intake of antacids as Tums.
2)Stomach or Duodenal Ulcer- The pain is related with food intake. Does the pain increase on intake of food or reduce with intake of food?
3)Enlarged liver - It can be ruled out with Ultrasound of abdomen.
A detailed physical examination and investigations as USG scan and Endoscopy would help to rule out the cause.
Take small frequent meals and avoid fatty,spicy food intake.Drink lots of water and consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.