Personal consultation(s) with a qualified health or medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition. The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Therefore, eHealth Forum is not a professional medical advice forum, and should not be used as such. We encourage all users to take responsibility for personal health and well-being. You can talk with your physician or another trusted health professional about the benefits, risks, and costs of various options and alternatives for best health in order to make an informed, confident and personal choice about your health care. In other words, do not only rely on information provided by others on the forum; personal history and circumstances will always influence an individual's access to information and decisions at any given time.
As new members arrive, please introduce yourself and welcome them to eHealth Forum. Show a new member how to find information. Getting people involved increases positive vibration; you may just make a new friend in the process. If you are a new user, introduce yourself! Our community is waiting for you!
general posting information
Please post your medical questions to an appropriate, topical health board to get feedback. If we feel that your question has been posted to the wrong board, we will move it to the appropriate board and advise you of where to find it. The owners of eHealth Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any post for any reason.
When every member of the community self-governs communication, there will be no need for adverse consequences. You can always ask yourself three questions before posting to eHealth Forum.
- Is my post TRUTHFUL?
- Is my post HELPFUL?
- Is my post KIND
1. Please choose an appropriate username. An inappropriate username will be rejected from the system and you will be given the option to change the username immediately. If an inappropriate username is not changed within 72 hours, it may be deleted, and the user account will be closed. This policy applies to any subversive, provocative, obscene, evil-sounding, sexual, or otherwise offensive usernames.
2. Please type using case sensitive fonts and refrain from typing in ALL CAPS. Typing in all caps is difficult to read and is considered rude by some. If, however, it is necessary that you type in all caps due to a physical condition, please inform a forum moderator and other community members so that they understand the condition.
3. Please keep your posts on topic with the original user`s comment or question. Do not derail topics but start a new topic if you want to begin a new discussion.
4. Don`t cuss. Refrain from using profanity or cr3ative spell1ng to dodge the censor filters. Swearing or vulgarities are not permitted in usernames, posts, topic titles, or avatars. If you are in violation of this rule, your text will be edited. Repeated editing of content is cause for review, and may include a formal warning and/or suspension from the forums.
5. Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself. Do not post under secondary usernames or alias user names other than your main account for the purpose of arguing, degrading or belittling other readers. If you do so, your posting privileges may be revoked.
6. Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums.
7. Do not post copyrighted information on eHealth Forum without prior consent of the person or entity who owns the copyright. Users will be held solely responsible for posting copyrighted information; eHealth Forum is not responsible for posted information that may violate copyright law. Copyrighted posts will be removed as soon as they are known to eHealth Forum. As a general rule, it is best to share information in your own words. Do not copy and paste content from other websites, songs, poems, stories, articles, photographs, etc. that belong to others. Further, you must receive consent from others to quote content written in private messages, within a buddy group, posted in another topic, or content outside of the forum. You must received permission from the person being directly quoted as well as anyone else they have quoted. Quotes from diaries kept on other sites are not allowed. Please see our copyright policy
for further guidelines.
8. Please do not publish information regarding other community health forums, chats, etc. that directly compete with eHealth Forum. We love eHealth Forum and hope to become the one-stop shop for all your medical health questions.
9. The Administrators of these forums are not responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Please maintain an anonymous identity on the forums. Do not release your contact information for any reason. This is to protect you and your privacy. Any posts containing outside contact information will be removed from the forum. Please see the section on privacy in a public forum
for more information.
10. Please refrain from assuming authority over other members in any way. Do not tell others what to post, when to post, where to post, how to post, or why to post. Only Moderators have authority and decision-making control in health forums. Users who assume authority will be issued a reminder. Continued disrespect of this guideline may lead to account closure.
11. Please do not question the decisions made by moderators in the public forums. All moderator and administrator decisions may be appealed by completing a User Comment Form
;we will reply to your comments in good time. Refrain from commenting on moderator decisions/edits/bans/deletions in your posts. Such posts will be edited or removed. Private messages, posts, or other communication that is viewed to be disrespectful of moderators or administrators may be cause for ban from eHealth Forum.
12. Advertising or any attempt to sell products through eHealth Forum is strictly prohibited. You assure us that you will not solicit through your posts. If you attempt to promote or advertise any products without written authorization from the administration, we reserve the right to remove your posts and close your account. This is done to protect our members from scams, spams, and false advertising. Messages that promote, advertise, offer, or ask for contact information in regard to (but not limited to), websites, personal websites, links to pictures, businesses, freebies, surveys, polls, products or services will be immediately removed. Additionally, users that post such advertising are subject to ban from eHealth Forum.
It is acceptable to identify products or services and share your opinion about them. Naming a book title and author, for example is allowed; sharing contact info about how to buy the book is not. You may also reference strictly informational websites, unless the website advertises products or services. For more information on advertising, please see our advertising policy
13. Please remember the purpose of eHealth Forum is to give and receive support. Posting styles that are regularly non-supportive or aggressive toward other users will result in disciplinary action. Any communication made by post, private message, or email addressed to other users or to moderators that is deemed to be off-topic, inappropriate, abusive, harmful, defaming, vulgar, hateful, harassing, sexually-suggestive, obscene, profane, libelous, threatening, unsafe, invasive of privacy, or violates any law may be edited or deleted from the forum and may cause loss of website use. Communication that violates any forum guideline or moderator instruction is also subject to removal from the forums, and may cause loss of website use. Abstain from posting such material. Doing so may lead to account closure and/or communication with your internet service provider. In particular:
Do not put others down. Negative communication is not tolerated on eHealth Forum, especially comments regarding sexual orientation, gender, race, color, religious views, national origin, or disability. Further, users will not embarrass, humiliate or harass another person or group of people. This includes any and all words that can cause distress, embarrassment, unwanted attention or any other discomfort. Comments should not contain put downs, religious discussions, or in debate over who has the most education. No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Any personal attack or name calling will result in a ban. Constructive criticism is allowed but will be monitored. If things get too personal, moderators will issue warnings.
Do not stalk other users. Any user that unduly harasses another user by what appears to be constant attacks, baiting, and/or topic and post derailments will be put on a temporary ban.
Please remember that we can all agree to disagree. If you disagree with another user's post or opinion you can state your own and leave it at that. Disagreement need not become an argument.
Please support others. If a member asks only for support, please respect the request; please do not reply with contradictory comments. Be reminded that no one is an expert on what is appropriate for someone else.
eHealth Forum Administrators reserve the right to remove any and all material which is considered inappropriate. This includes pornographic, offensive, defamatory, and/or illegal material(s) that is/are in any way contrary to accepted morality and behavior. Illegal activity will be immediately reported to the appropriate authorities in jurisdiction zones of city, state, or country. If you find the aforementioned conditions personally unacceptable, we request that you leave our website and discontinue use of the Service.
14. Please do not react or reply to abusive or problem posts/users. We find that this only creates more conflict. If a post seems inappropriate, please click the Report Bad Post button, found above any post. If you post reactively, you will be given a warning. Continued disrespect of this guideline may lead to account closure. Or use the ignore feature if another member irritates you. Do not resort to aggressive posting behavior.
sexual content policy
eHealth Forum does not involve, facilitate, advocate or promote
discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability;
libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, or similarly abusive activities;
obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or similar activities...
We will remove all posts, usernames, and private messages which solicit sex or are sexually suggestive and/or obscene. At no time will we accept pictures or videos exposing the female breast or full exposure of either male or female buttocks. We will remove pictures exposing anyone or anything involved in explicit sexual acts and or lewd and lascivious behavior, including masturbation, copulation, pedophilia, intimacy involving nude or partially nude people in heterosexual, bisexual, lesbian or homosexual encounters. We will not accept phone sex ads, dating services, and adult personals, CD-ROM's and videos. Pictures exposing any or all portions of the human genitalia will be removed from our forums.
It is entirely permissible to discuss or post about sex between consenting adults, sexual conditions, and diseases or conditions experienced as a result of sex. Our forums are designed for members to share information. However, members who post regarding illegal sexual acts will be reported to the authorities.
violations of guidelines & reporting abuse
We recommend that users who find inappropriate content on eHealth Forum contact us immediately in order that we may remove or resolve the situation. Each post on the website features a Report Bad Post button above and below the post. Alternately, you can directly report inappropriate content by completing a User Comment Form
. We will reply to your comments as quickly as possible.
eHealthForum.com may disclose user information to government authorities at their discretion or when required by law. eHealth Forum may also disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with its rights or property, other users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
Moderators do not form part of our medical team and eHealth Forum makes no representations as to the medical content of posts on the Service. Posts are reviewed by Moderators in order for material which eHealth Forum deems inappropriate to be removed in the quickest manner possible. eHealth Forum Moderators are not healthcare professionals, nor do they offer health advice or health information.
"ask a doctor" questions and answers
The material presented in the Ask A Doctor segment is in no way intended to replace professional medical care or attention by a qualified licensed medical professional. eHealth Forum and the Ask A Doctor advises all users with health problems and concerns to consult their personal doctors. Furthermore, if you have any questions or concerns about your condition, you must consult your qualified licensed medical professional before starting any treatment.
The materials in the Ask A Doctor section cannot and should not be used as a basis for diagnosis or choice of treatment. To the fullest extent possible, eHealth Forum and the Ask A Doctor expressly excludes all liability in respect of the information and opinions contained in the Ask A Doctor segment, this website, or any sites linked to this website.
links to other world wide websites or resources
Our forums contain links to third-party websites that are not under the control of eHealth Forum. eHealth Forum makes no representations whatsoever about any other website to which you may have access through this site. When you access a non- eHealth Forum website, you do so at your own risk and eHealth Forum is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements made on these sites or for the quality of any products or services available on such sites. eHealth Forum provides these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply that eHealth Forum endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or uses of such websites.
Because eHealth Forum has no control over external sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that eHealth Forum is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that eHealth Forum shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
The eHealth Forum website shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the exclusive jurisdiction of US Courts in the State of Florida, County of Broward. These laws will apply in regards to any claim or matter arising in respect to this website. eHealth Forum reserves the right to remove any and all material which it considers inappropriate.
eHealth Forum excludes all liability to information therein. The views expressed on this Service are those of its contributors. The public messages posted on this forum are not reviewed for medical accuracy. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The information provided on our website is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message posted to the Service. Therefore, you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of individual contributors and are not the views and opinions held by eHealth Forum`s administrators, moderators, webmaster, or agents, and hence the latter will not be held liable for any information therein.
content disclaimer for discussion forums
The material contained in the eHealth Forum Discussion Forums is submitted by the general public, NOT by our medical team, and is presented to a non-medical audience for discussion purposes only. The material presented therein is in no way intended to replace professional medical care or attention by a qualified licensed medical professional. The Service is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Further, material placed in eHealth Forum does not necessarily reflect the views of eHealthForum.com.
Always seek the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking medical advice or disregard current medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. No health information on eHealth Forum is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor.
limitation of liability
By registering for eHealth Forum, you agree to indemnify eHealthForum.com its employees, representatives, and agents, and hold them harmless from any and all claims (including claims for legal fees) which may arise from your participation on the webiste. You also agree that eHealth Forum is not responsible for the materials posted by users. The use of the eHealth Forum Service, Ask A Doctor feature, and all associated content is at your own risk. eHealth Forum does not verify the information placed on any message board in eHealth Forum and, therefore, cannot judge the merits or lack thereof, of any offering, information, suggestions, ideas, opinions or advice.
When using the eHealth Forum Service and Ask A Doctor feature, information will be transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of eHealthForum.com, its partners, advertisers, sponsors, subsidiaries and suppliers. Accordingly, eHealth Forum assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the eHealth Forum Service. The eHealth Forum Service, Ask A Doctor festure, and all associated content is provided on an "as is" basis.
eHealthForum.com, advertisers, sponsors, subsidiaries, licensors and its suppliers, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Specifically, eHealthForum.com, its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
A. The accuracy, reliability, completeness, correctness, or timeliness of the content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the Service or Ask A Doctor feature.
updating this policy
how to contact us
online and we will respond to your comments with an individual and prompt reply.
This policy was effective on October 1, 2003
Last reviewed August 06, 2007