Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Temporomandibular joint-is it a incurable illness?

Temporomandibular joint-is there someone who died because of this illness?
is there anyone who died because of this?
temporomandibular joint-clicking jaw?
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1
Good Morning to all of you. I just want to know more about my illness. IS there anyone who died of Temporomandibular joint? I want to know? And please give me some advices..Thank You!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
Supporter
I am sure some have committed suicide, but with proper pain management, that allows you to eat and exercise, you could live to be a 100.
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
you might have eagle syndrome i was missed diagnoised for nine years ,it can only be found using a 3d cat scan or tomograpgh i was in pain every day.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2009
Experienced User
There is some evidence that orthodontic work like braces (not neuromuscular) ends bruxing in some people. I guess that can be considered a cure for some. Other evidence suggests that orthodontic work can cause bruxing, but this is typically if done incorrectly.

I know of no other potential cure for bruxing, with the exception of claims by some neuromuscular dental practitioners, but their approaches are too risky for most.

Bruxing and TMJ are mostly about management at this point. The right mouth guard might help. The right medication helps some people. in one case study, Gabitril is reported to contribute to the elimination of bruxing while on the drug, but this is merely and anecdote. Try medication that increases delta wave sleep.

There are infectious diseases that can cause TMJ, and sometimes symptoms can be alleviated with treatment with anti-biotics.

Those are just some ideas.
|
Tags: TMJ
Quick Reply