Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Temporary hearing loss and sinus infection

Must Read
Different types of hearing loss originate in different areas of the ear or nerves. How does the ear work? And how do doctors define hearing loss?...
Hearing loss has many causes. Learn which causes you can avoid, and who is at risk of developing hearing loss here....
Do you have trouble understanding others when they are talking? Do you miss the phone ring? Recognize hearing loss early and know when to seek medical help....
I recently developed severe congestion in my head and behind my ears. After a few days, I went to an ENT doctor, who prescribed Biaxin antibiotics, along with several nose sprays, and cipro ear drops. The doctor had said, upon examination that yes, there was a wax buildup in one ear - which she removed, and that the other ear was all red, and about to explode.

THe question I have is - because the hearing loss is worse after 5 days, how long will this take to subside? Will it be necessary to relieve the pressure and release the fluid, by inserting a needle into my ear? Is this dangerous?

How long before this hearing loss becomes permanenta/

Thanks so much.

Worried
Mamalieb
Did you find this post helpful?
|