Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

teeth falling apart,,,,help

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
User Profile
is my body sucking the calcium from my teeth i dont drink or smoke and have just had children i am so young and teeth falling to bits i have no health insurance on low low income and need help ,
does anyone know of any cosmetic dentists that can do low cost, help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 7th, 2010
My husband had this problem also. As far as I know its nothing you can stop. He had all of his top teeth removed ($1,000) and now has dentures ($375). We don't have insurance either. And soon he is going to have his bottom teeth removed since they are falling apart now too. I'm so sorry this is happening because I know its miserable.I hope you can find some help in taking care of this.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2010
i just really getting down now and the thought of dentures in my late 20,s is makin me feel down that u for ure advice i have now got ear ache i think due to the pain in my teeth and feel so tired and ahve little energy i am so upset about my teeth i feel like its really makin me get depressed,
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Wow, I am sorry that you are having to go through this. There are upsides (believe it or not) to having dentures, at least on a cosmetic level. Your "new" teeth will be white, straight, non-chipped, and you will not be able to see any signs of enamel erosion or staining.

I have a couple of friends, in their late twenties, who, like you, had problems with their teeth, so bad that they both opted for dentures. At first, they, like you, felt depressed by having to have an "oldtimer procedure" done on themselves, but realized that getting dentures was better for their health and self esteem than having chipped, broken, discolored, rotting teeth.

Remember that the health of your teeth and gums has an impact directly on the health of many other organ systems in your body, including your heart. Having teeth that are unhealthy CAN cause ear infections, ulcers of the mouth and stomach, endocarditis/myocarditis (infections of the heart, the pericardium-the sac that covers the heart, or the structures of the heart), can drain energy, and can cause issues with mental well-being (such as self-esteem and depression).

I would advise you to seek the help of a dentist, I know you are extremely low-income, but there are ways. Depending on where you live, you may qualify for government assistance. If you don't, making a payment plan with a dentist may be the way to go. You will need to see a dentist to determine WHY your teeth are falling to bits and if diet, vitamins, or other medications may help. Also, your dentist will tell you if you need to take the denture route.

As long as you are brushing your teeth with a flouride toothpaste, flossing regularly, and getting enough vitamin D and calcium, I see NO reason why your teeth should be falling apart. If you are doing the above, a medical condition may be the underlying cause of your dental issues.

Best of luck to you and I hope your fortunes change for the better!
|
Users who thank motherofhighspiritedones for this post: snowwhite2010 

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2010
i am based in new york at the momment and find what u are saying to be very true as the past few weeks i have had no energy and find myself falling asleep with earaches head ache and neck pain, and part of me is worried as i always brush my teeth dont drink or smoke and just dont get why my teeth are doing this the only thing i can think of is that i have breast feed all my children that i had back to back and maybe that sucked the calcium out if that is at al possible ,thank uu for giving be advice as i am so embaressed and dont want to tell anyone wht i am going through ,
|

replied November 23rd, 2010
teeth falling apart
I am going through the same situation right now, only I don't have any children. when I did go into the dentist she asked if I have had children as she says I apparently have little to no enamel.. it's been such a difficult process, and so depressing. Honestly though my dentist is attempting to repair my teeth one by one, and it is so expensive!! I have paid out enormously for only 4 teeth so far, honestly as im only in my mid 20's getting dentures is soo troubling to me..but I am begining to come to terms with this and think it may also have to be an option for me as well. I know what you are going through and I am so very sorry for you as well. It's very emotional to deal with the pain and the stress of it all. I hope all goes well for you.
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2010
thank you for sharing, i have just found out i have also high alkaline phosphate which is coming from bones as well as very low levels of vitD i am on medication for that but the teeth problem is still not solved and is making life not only ard for the sake of eating but also as you said pain and i feel very unable to smile and have fun,
thank you for sharing your info ,
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2011
Flouride is poison and will destroy your teeth and health. Search for yourself online.
If your body is taking calcium from your teeth and the teeth are falling apart, you need more calcium, as well as good nutrition and vitamins A, D, E, K. The best sources are things like butter, buttermilk, raw milk -- but only from grass-fed cows that were not injected with hormones and other chemicals. And it should not be pastuerised in any way, nor homogenised or heat treated.
Fermented cod liver oil is also very good, and a good brand I found is Blue Ice. Search online for it.
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2011
BTW, dentists are mostly interested in making money and often have no idea about how to really heal teeth. Holistic dentists are more helpful.
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2011
thank you david i am taking all of those vitamins and really trying to put back in my body wht is needed
i had so much pain went to dentist and they started of a root canal on one tooth months back i have to get three more back teeth removed i dont know how i will ba able to eat the root canal tooth needed to haver crown on its not compleate but i think wht is making my situation worse is the fact i am in america with no friends or family and have a husband who does not seem to care about anything to do with my health i am so sad that i have no ways of having any money and my husband will only give me small amounts like $20 and then know i am going to go over budget with wht ever i have to by ,
i just feel like giving up being in my late 20S and going through this i am stuck and rotting away,
|

replied January 13th, 2011
Just improve your diet make sure you get the vitamins you need. But your teeth as you said is rotting away, it will never come back to its original healthy status. Dentists are professional enough to know and instruct you what to do. Fluoride is not a poison! Too much intake of it will cause fluorosis that is why if you go to a dentist they will advice you to use a high fluoride toothpaste once or twice a day depending on how much you need it. Like i said you can massage it in your gums using your finger with a pinch of your fluoride toothpaste in it. All toothpaste has fluoride but minimal amount. everything that is too much is bad. I really feel for you and understand what you feel. it is very depressing. My auntie is in new york and she goes all the way here from usa to have her teeth done by me! because she couldn't afford dental treatment that is not included in her insurance. if you go to the dentist they will tell you the same thing and treat your teeth with appropriate restorative cosmetic treatment depending on how extensive it is. Look for near dental schools in your place and the dental students can help you and they will treat you for free and under the supervision of the professionals. dont be so untrust but do not trust easily of course. dentists/doctors are here to help you. they will need money and needs money like everyone else. but if you need their service they give it to you and give you the best. they study these for so many years and will not put your life in danger but to save you. people are too opinionated and be against the doctor's treatment plan but in truth it is the best treatment you can have. You have to take the vitamins your body needs. But for now it will not help the rotting but it will not worsen. make sure your tooth brush is soft brittles and brush 2 times. not too much brushing. I really wish you can do something in your teeth because youre young and youll have problems with your self esteem. I don't like to see you not being able to smile.and always pray.. It is going to be okey.. know the cause of it first anyways. Your vitamin defiency could be a reason yes! but foods that are acidic are one of the common causes for this. citric juices,sodas,wine and even yogurt. the lower the ph is the more acidic it is. so minimize.. God bless
|

replied June 2nd, 2012
My daughter's age is 5.5 yrs, her tooth is falling out.Is it correct age for falling tooth ?
|

replied August 13th, 2012
tooth decay
If everyone quit eating white flour protects and using hydrogen peroxide or baking sodas instead of fluoride... Our bodies wouldn't cause the chemical reaction, which innturn causes tooth decay. "how to reverse tooth decay" look that book up i had the same situation.
|
Quick Reply