Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Teenage mental health

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I am a 17 year old girl who is home-schooled and I have no friends, except my mom's acquaintances. I am severely depressed because I have no friends and do not do anything social, except going to amateur orchestras for all ages, which is not that fun, especially since 99.1% of the group are 40+ so that leaves me out of the loop of making friends. What should I do besides going into youth orchestras, because this whole orchestra thing was all my father's plans and not mine, which i really do not like. Is there a support group out there? I am in need of teenage help in trying to keep my sanity. The good news is that I will be done this December with high school. Then there were two guys I took interest in already rejected me so that depressed me for a while. I mainly sit in my room most of the time surfing the internet or working. I took up a job, except I left because it did not go that well.
Did you find this post helpful?
|