Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Tearing sensation on outside of foot

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
About 3 weeks ago after a jog I put on my old pair of converse all stars (no arch support, dense gum sole) and I felt a sudden pain on the outside of my foot, in fact it initially felt like I had broken/fractured my outside metatarsal bone. It has developed into a nasty bruise, and anytime I walk on it, without significant pain, it feels as though the muscles are tearing or at the very least significantly adjusting. Needless to say, it really is uncomfortable. Now the bone does not appear to be broken, and in these introductory stages I have attempted to stay off of it, keeping the foot elevated, using anti-inflammatories, and initially used ice in order to slow the swelling. My fear is that this 'tearing' sensation may in fact be a significant problem. I suppose in order to best illustrate the 'tearing' I would include frequent muscle spasms of the abductor digiti minimi, while the sensation of tearing is the moment I lift my heel while taking a step. The strain while moving from heel, rounding the outside to to lifting from the adductor hallucis, I feel the immediate tension, and from this stress, the tearing sensation is occuring. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|