Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

tampons and pelvic adhesions

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
I have been diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis some years ago and it must have escalated already because an ovary has been removed. I would like to know if there is an adverse effect with tampon use and pelvic adhesions? My bowel had adhered to my uterus and I suspect my bladder too. I recently used a tampon and after using it, I felt heaviness/ cramp like pain in the bladder/uterus area.I checked for UTI and kidney stones but came out negative. I'd appreciate any info. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 30th, 2009
i dnt know much about the health effects of tampons

but what i would really suggest is for you not to use tampons, they do cause cramps in some people cos it happen to me also, and when u think about it they are kinda disgusting holding in dirty blood inside the body when its trying to get out, seems like it can only cause a problem, they have chemicals used on them and thats no good to be in ur floot for hours, day after day. I know pads seems frumpy but there is so good ones out there my fave are Always and Bodyform, and i also read that pads and tampons are a nono. i hope u feel better soon, i know its a drag when things all stuck together, keep ur head up i hope u be well soon, take care xx
|
Did you find this post helpful?