Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

taking adderall and other drugs to treat it

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
I have been diagnosed with ADHD since I was 12, and I have been taking adderall and other drugs to treat it since then.

Lately, it has been more difficult to remember things long term, and I cannot remember ANY proper nouns. I also frequently forget that I need to do something, or that I already did something.

Its very difficult to explain complex things to people, and when I am talking to people I often think of two different ways to say something and say a mixture of the 2 ways, which is a word or phrase that makes no sense.

when writing, I make many grammatical errors, even though I have very good grammar and I know how to say it.

I cannot tell stories, usually because I cant remember the name of something, or because I get caught up trying to recall it.

Sometimes, When talking, Everything will flash white, I get light headed, and I will forget what I said, midsentence. It really scares me. Happens about once per month.

Im an engineering student

other issues: lack sleep, lack food sometimes

Thanks,
Nick
Did you find this post helpful?
|