Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Taken laxative, no bowel movement?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
i had some severe stomach pain a few days ago and i went to the hospital because i was afraid i got colitis again. they did all the blood work, urine tests, and a cat scan and said nothing was wrong with me except gas. i started getting this pressure pain right under my ribs about 2 1/2 days ago and i assumed it was constipation even though i drink a ton of water. i rarely pass gas and have not had a proper bowel movement. i took a vegetable laxative that night to relieve the constipation, but nothing happened. i dealt with the pain the next day and still no movement. on the third day i took 4 dissolving gas-x strips, nothing. i took 2 chocolate laxatives 2 hours after that, and then 2 more 4 hours after that. it's now been 15 hours since i took all my laxatives and i should be having bowel movements, but nothings happening. i dont wanna go to the doctor again and have her tell me im gassy after a million tests i dont need, plus i dont have insurance and cant afford it. what could be wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2012
Constipation and pain but laxitives not working
TraylorA - hope you are feeling better. What you describe is exactly what I am experiencing right now. Right down got the pain under my ribs! Please tell me if you ever found out what is was. I have taken laxitives 2 days in a row with no bowel movement.
|

replied September 16th, 2012
Take whey protein drink, it works really well. And it's cheap too. In top of that it's healthy, it will restore your regular B/M. You don't need to take all those nasty lax..
|