Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

tail bone pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have been to several pain doctors, had x-rays and MRIs, and a colonostomy. I have pain in my tail bone while walking, standing for awhile or exercising. Narcotics or over the counter meds do not help the pain. I wake up at night with it several times at night. It has been going on for 3 years now. No one has been able to diagnose me and tell me what is causing the pain. I have been told I have mild arthrosis in the area, but not enough to cause the amount of pain I am ALWAYS in. It varys from 4-10 on the pain scale daily. I am scared that the amount of other the counter meds and narcotics I take will eventually damage my liver and/or kidneys. I have had chiropratic help, accupuncture, rehabilition exercises, cortisone shots and a series of three epidural shots. I had blood work for blood born cancer test and nothing showed up. Can anyone help me with what may be going on with me?????!!!!!!!!! I am getting VERY desperate!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Have you tried TENS?
|
Did you find this post helpful?