Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Symptoms of UTI ?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I am feeling the frequent urgency to urine. I noticed that I got up several times through the nite to potty, as well as throughout the day. I have had a few UTIs in the past but not recently. I just ended my menstrual cycle, and I did use tampons, as I always do, and also had sex with my husband the nite before I noticed these symptoms. I heard that you should always urine after sex to empty the bladder and to keep bacteria from entering that area. I did not urine this time, and I wonder if that is a factor? I know my doctor told me to do that when I had one before, but I failed to do that this time.
I also noticed that I have not been drinking enough water as I should, so it could be a few things.
The symptoms I am having are frequent urgency to urine, and after using the potty I notice I feel as though I did not empty my bladder completely. I don't like visiting the doctor, but I know I will have to because this is very uncomfortable. I also have a headcold - no aches or fever or anything like, so right now I feel very uncomfortable! (Lol)
I heard that cranberry juice is great for infections. I have tried that in the past and it works well.I also read online that I should drink 8 glasses of water to rid the infection, but having this urgency makes me not want to drink anything!

Any input would be great from someone! Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
You should pee both before and after sex...This way your urethra is empty instead of full...Less pressure and makes for great sex....Hope you are feeling better...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: Psalms