Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pancreas Disorders Forum

Symptoms of Chronic pancreatitis

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Doctor,

I’m 32 year old. I was facing stomach pain in early days with thin body but once grown things changed I remained in normal health, but frequently I faced constipation with wait loss once it normal I again gain weight.

After the weight loss of 165 pounds to 123 pounds, after so many consultations, one doctor confirmed I’m suffering chronic pancreases disease (same confirmed from other hospitals too).

Few things I want to add about my case different from what I heard or read on sites that all the time ultra sound conducted some white froth coming from my mouth more than limit, I’m not getting proper sleep, feeling back pain, voice (water falling feeling) and kind of movement on stomach normally on the time of sleep.
Few answers I want to know, what the reason for the backpain/voice/movement on stomach, Is it cured properly. How long normally need to take medicines?, can a normal life possible with diseases or not?

Looking forward your support doctor.

Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2008
Pancreas Disorders Answer A5091
Current medical status: Conducted upper and lower endoscopies, CT scan and blood test, all these reports confirmed the same
Current medical treatment: Currently I don’t have any medicines, previously I having Ceron 25000 along with my meals and pantoprazole. Recently I had tried some ayurveda medicines my not made any effect.

Your symptoms (abdominal pain, weight loss, etc.) are probably caused by the condition you have already been diagnosed with – chronic pancreatitis.

The goals of medical treatment are to modify behaviors that may exacerbate the natural history of the disease, to enable the pancreas to heal itself, to determine the cause of abdominal pain and alleviate it, to detect pancreatic exocrine insufficiency and restore digestion and absorption to normal, and to diagnose and treat endocrine insufficiency.

Treatment of chronic pancreatitis includes:
1. Behavior modification: quit alcohol abuse and smoking;
2. Pancreatic healing: using anti-oxidants;
3. Alleviation of abdominal pain: analgesics if no anatomical cause is found and surgery if anatomic reasons for the pain are found;
4. Restoration of digestion and absorption: enzyme lipase preparations;
5. Surgical treatment: used in case of pancreatic pseudocyst, abscess, fistula, ascites, fixed obstruction of the intrapancreatic portion of the distal common bile duct, stenosis of the duodenum with gastric outlet obstruction, and variceal hemorrhage due to splenic vein thrombosis;
6. Diet: diet low in fat and high in protein and carbohydrates is recommended.

Unfortunately chronic pancreatitis usually exists for life and requires therapy for life.

With proper treatment patients with chronic pancreatitis can have a good quality of life.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pancreas Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.