Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Symptoms of an irregular period -

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I am in my 30's and have had a VERY regular period my whole life. (even my husband knows my schedule) Every 29 - 30 days like clock work.

In April of this year I started a few days early and had a normal period. But then after being on my period for 4 days then off 1 day I then had 25 days of heavy spotting.

Then nothing for 5 days then a somewhat normal period in May. (it lasted 7 days and I am usually 4-5 days)

June 20 start a normal period for 5 days then nothing for 7 days then started another full on period July 1st. Had a full heavy period for 5 days and still spotting and it is July 16.

Any ideas what is wrong with me?

I am going to try to get a DRs apt. for next week but this just seems totally crazy to me.

I do go in yearly for my annual exam,and everything has been ok. But my next annual is not scheduled till October and I cant wait till then to find out what is wrong with me.

Any thoughts?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A14351
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The abnormal bleeding pattern that you are having could be due to hormonal disturbances.
Discuss with your healthcare provider/gynecologist about getting hormonal analysis done along with an ultrasound scan to see what is going on.
Your abnormal bleeding could also suggest a missed abortion with probable retained products inside. The ultrasound done should be able to pick it up, and if it is found to be due to retained products of conception, then you will require a D&C procedure to be done.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.