Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Symptoms common to MS and minor brain infarctions

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
User Profile
I recently had an MRI scan of my Brain due to my Blood Presure being so high which showed i have lesions although it wasn't clear enough for a diagnosis. My doctor said he was going to talk to the Consultant about having a Lumber Puncture done to check for a certain protien and if that is missing then it was somthing completely different from what they were looking for which was a stroke. Do you think i could have M.S.

Mary

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2009
Multiple Sclerosis Answer A5559

Current medical status: Lesions on brain tingling in fingers and feet blurred vision somtimes aching joints,, feeling generally unwell.

The symptoms you describe might indicate that you have Multiple sclerosis. However, it cannot be either confirmed or excluded without analyzing the cerebrospinal fluid for oligoclonal bands, which are actually inflammation markers.
Having in mind that you suffer from high blood pressure, you might be also experiencing multiple minor brain infarctions. The symptoms that appear are closely related to the areas of the brain that are affected.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Multiple Sclerosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.