Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Symptom of hard lump in center of chest

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
I have a hard lump in the center of my chest-right below my throat. I just noticed it yesterday and I am a little freaked out. It kinda feels like I have something stuck in my throat. I usually vomit not long after eating. i have not idea what this may be. I have a drs appt on Tuesday but am really worried....any ideas what this may be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2010
Chest Pain Answer A15609
Hi! Many thanks for your question on eHealth forum!

The lump in the center of chest could be due to swollen lymphnode either due to infection or due to malignancy. It could also be a neurofibroma (localized collection of nerve and fibrous tissue).A CT scan would be diagnostic.

Something stuck in the throat can be due to post nasal drip, if you have recurrent cold and sinusitis. It can also be gastric reflux due to weak esophageal sphincter or due to hiatal hernia. It can also be an allergic reaction to something you eat.

You will need to consult your PCP and rule out these causes one by one. If you have already seen one then you would have got a diagnosis by now. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: symptom, lump
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.