Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Symptom of a pea size lump in belly button

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
My girlfriend found this small pea size lump in her belly button yesterday. Last night it bled for a bit and then today it is hard, no pain though, and it is scabbed over. What is this?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2010
General Q and A Answer A15663
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. This could likely be due to an infection like a boil. There are possibilities of bleeding from the boil and then the scab formation.

In most likelihood, it should heal. However, in case, it persists, then she needs to consult a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.