Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Swollen vaginal walls?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
My vaginal walls are very swollen and have been like this for around a month now. I went to see the nurse about this as I have been getting white discharge as well (not smelly at all). But she said that as long as it isn\'t painful or itchy then it\'s probably normal. She didn\'t look inside or anything. However I don\'t think it is normal for me as it\'s now been a month. When I go in the bath the swelling goes now but returns afterwards. I have also noticed that my belly seems to be swollen and firm even though I normally have a \'washboard\' stomach. I came off the pill in August and had a withdrawal bleed and then a 34 day cycle but nothing since the 22nd September. I have taken a pregnancy test which came back negative. What do you think all this is? Am I worrying over nothing? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2011
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the vaginal swelling and the symptoms that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist (not GP/NP) for further examination and evaluation. Treatment as needed (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.