Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

swollen vagina - torn ?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
i have had sex one time and nothing major, it was 15 seconds tops. i didnt notice anything after... but now (and i havent had sex since) the left lip is raw and irritated, its even hanging down... im scared to tell my mom im not a virgin anymore so i cant go to the doctor... (because she and my mom are friends) i get a watery discharge sometimes... and its constantly hurting. i dont know what to do. is there some sort pf pver-the-counter medication i can buy? or is the only option surgery? im REALLY scared.. please help.Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
If it is torn it will not be irritated - it will be extremely painful. Think of tearing anything else on your body.

The 'raw and irritated' is probably the only caused by sex.

Your left lip was always hanging down - it is not sex that made it hang down. Most women have uneven and unbalanced lips with some hanging going on.

The watery discharge should be stretchy between your fingers. It is fertile cervical mucus. It comes from your cervix and its purpose is to allow sperm through and protect and feed the sperm. You will have this for a few days every cycle around ovulation time. If it is not this or if it smells bad, you might have an infection.

You should make sure your underwear does not irritate it further and keep it dry. Do not wash with soap or use anything chemical down there. Just wash gently with water.
|

Extremely eHealthy
you may have thrush, a bacterial yeast infection, nothing to worry about to much it is very common, you can treat it with over the counter drugs...jenny
|
Users who thank J3nnyuk for this post: UnknownABC 

thank you guys so much!
your advice was very helpful!
should i stil talk to my mom about it?
and if so... how should i tell her
that ive had sex...
i mean she cried when she found out about
my first kiss :/
|

replied October 4th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
your welcome hun, as for telling your mum you dont have to if you dont want to as after you get the pill to treat the problem it will clear up in a couple of days, but if you want to tell her just sit her down and explain to her gently if you can maybe by saying first please dont be angry with me but i wanna tell you something.....well along them lines anyways. good luck jenny
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2009
Hi, hope everything clears up for you, but by the way, what would have happened if she had actually torn her labia? What sort of options would she have to get it fixed? Just asking, facing a similar dilemma.
|

replied October 7th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Stitches? I can not even imagine the pain urination will cause on an open tear so I am sure it will have to be sealed in some way as well.

I am not sure how easy it will be to tear. It is more or less like the web between your fingers or toes or you mouth's lips (or a man's foreskin or scrotum). I am sure there will be plenty of pain well before you tear it.

Of course if you use every day objects to masturbate with it can happen - probably more of a cut than a tear. During sex long labia can also be pulled inside the vagina by the penis but I have never heard of them actually tearing. These long lip getting caught situations are easilly cured by labiaplasty, a cosmetic procedure.

Piercings can also cause this type of damage when they get caught or pulled.
|