Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Swollen Uvula

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I had my tonsils out in 2007, a Septoplasty, and they removed part of my uvula as well because it was infected and elongated. They did leave my adenoids. I am still having a lot of issues with my throat, and a swollen uvula that touches my tongue off and on. That area always feels irritated and I have coughing, gagging, clearing my throat often, it feels like there is mucus draining when there is nothing there, on occasion I have had food come out my nose. Since I had all the work done, I feel like I have a lot more mucus. I have never had a problem with sinus infections, and I get them often now.

Is there something that is causing this, or that can be done about it? I'm tired of getting, you have a sinus infection and antibiotics.
Did you find this post helpful?
|