Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Swollen tonsil at night?

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I had a sinus infection about two weeks ago. I finally got over being sick about 2 weeks ago. Ever since them at night one tonsil will irritate me. It feels like its swollen and hurts when I cough. It's different that when I had my sore throat. Like it even hurts to move my tongue. I usually get this pain on the left side at night. During the day the symptoms subside for quite some time. What could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2012
I am having the same problem. The pain in the evening is so severe that I don't want to swallow. I went to the doctor yesterday and he couldn't find anything wrong with my throat like strep, or anything. However, he did say that my uvula was abnormal looking...? I wish there was an answer for this. It is very painful, and nothing I do takes away the pain. I just look forward to the daytime hours when the pain seems to subside. It's very unusual, never have been through anything like this before.
|
Did you find this post helpful?