Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Swollen testicles after inguinal hernia repair

User Profile
My father had his surgery this tuesday, just a day patient surgery. Yesterday evening we took him back to the hospital due to extreme swelling of the testicles not to mention his profound pain.

The ER doctors said that there was a hematoma and that the blood had no place to go and therefore drained into the testicles. The surgeon who performed the surgery took a look at it and seemed to indicate that this was nothing to serious. At this time he's at the hospital taking morphin and antibiotics.

I do not know what type of mesh was used in for the repair but I will soon find out.

Is this some type of complication due to the surgery or is it a mesh induced problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile AutoEnthusiast
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It is not so common complication after inguinal hernia repair, and is due to bleeding during surgery.
It appears as a complication of various surgeries.
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2009
MandMs wrote:
It is not so common complication after inguinal hernia repair, and is due to bleeding during surgery.
It appears as a complication of various surgeries.

It IS a common problem or it IS NOT a common problem?
|

replied September 3rd, 2010
After surgey swelling
I don't see answers to any questions. I have looked at several different web pages and all I see are qustions about swelling but no answers. am I blind or what?
|