Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Swollen testicle

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
Two weeks ago my left testicle swelled up to twice it's normal size. I took Ibuprofin and the swelling went down. The swelling has retuned agian and this time it's been 6 days and the swelling hasn't went down. I am a married white male and have had sex 2 times while the testicle has been swollen. I have no pain while urinating, but I do have a low grade pain in this testicle. I had played alot of golf prior to the onset of swelling the first time. I waited a week and when the swelling was gone I played several rounds again and a day later the swelling returned. I work construction and typically lift heavy objects but not recently so I can't understand how golfing could cause this. I had a head cold a month ago but it ran it's coarse without medication. I don't have insurance so I can't afford alot of tests, is this something that can be diagnosed in a walk-in care center? Do you have any idea of what this could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2009
Experienced User
You could have a hernia. You would need medical attention for this as it can turn very serious if not treated. Plus a swollen testicle is never anything to mess around with. You need to see a doctor. Some hospitals have charity systems for people who do not have insurance.
|
Did you find this post helpful?