Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Swollen stomach and belly button pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
When I push in the middle of my belly button, below it and around it it hurts. It has been like this for the past 6 months or so. My stomach has always been flat and it looks like I'm 4-5 months pregnant. It just stays bloated. There are days when it's bigger. My bowel movements are fine although I tend to get diarrhea alot. It's not watery stools. It comes out looking like mud sometimes. When I tend to eat certain foods it runs right through me. I have been to the Dr. and the Emergency room and supposively nothing found. Something has to be causing this to happen. Anyone with any information please let me know...Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2009
OMG! I have the same exact thing. I went to different drs and they told me it was nothing. One dr even told me it was just going to be an annoyance and prescribed pain killers. I finally got a new dr that sent me to get an ultrasound and they found that I have a "fatty liver." finAlly I had an answer. I hope this helps a little bit and know that you are not alone. Best wishes to you.
|

replied September 28th, 2009
hi how are you
no need to worry i m here with a solution to ur problem
first of all get ur liver function tests done and usg abdomen done,if u r an alcohalic user
|

replied September 26th, 2013
Swollen around the Belly Button
Fatty Tissue in your Liver is the cause of this. You might even want to get tested for Hep-C
|