Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Swollen spleen and lymph nodes behind ear?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hi, I'm a 20 year old male and for the last 10 months I've had all kinds of weird symptoms that I won't bother to list. I'll just say that it started with all over muscle twitching. Fast forward to now and I still have muscle twitching, joint pain, chest pain, fatigue and now swollen glands on neck and behind ear (that don't seem to respond to antibiotics). My neurologist also recently found out I have a very impaired thyroid gland, which I haven't yet gotten treatment for because my doctors disagree about the cause of it. Neuro thinks it's hashimoto's and family doctor thinks it's a virus causing it to be inflamed.

In the last couple of days I've noticed pain near my spleen and my ribs stick out on the left. In conjunction with these hard, painless glands behind my ear and neck it sounds really bad. I'm really scared because my grandfather died of Leukemia and everywhere I read it says leukemia. I get a CBC tomorrow but I just wanted to know if this sounds like cancer to you? Will the CBC definitely pick up on it if it is?! Very scared.

Thanks

a very afraid 20 year old
Did you find this post helpful?
|