Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

swollen outer lip of vagina area

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
the outside lip of my vagina is extremely swollen, but only on the right side. it is red and so swollen that it overtakes the middle and can be seen bulging through my panties. it is fairly painful but there are no other lesions and no unusual discharge. i don't think that i feel any bump or lump within the swollen area. i am not sexually active and i do not shave that area. what is the cause of this and what should i do? reading other posts half of the people say it will go away eventually but some are saying i need to see a doctor immediately. any suggestions out there?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2010
I had the same problem a couple times before, what I did was laid down with a cool wet cloth over it, and the swelling would gradually go down. It always went away. I'm not sure what couses it
|

replied October 2nd, 2010
MotherofTwinsX2 wrote:
I had the same problem a couple times before, what I did was laid down with a cool wet cloth over it, and the swelling would gradually go down. It always went away. I'm not sure what couses it

i had same problems too, but in my case im sexually active and when i came to see a doctor she told me to wear tight panties and napkins. thats all she said.and its been 2 years now that its coming back and forth and the pain is unbearable, i cant even stand or walk.
|

replied October 10th, 2010
I have had the same problems with swollen, red, labia and itching. What has helped me is using a non-soap product like "Basis", then use "Domeboro" which is an astringent solution that is helpful for skin irritations. Then use a hydrocortisone acetate cream of 2.5% with pramoxine HCL 1% like "Pramosone". Wear loose fitting clothes and cotton underwear. This area needs to remain as dry as possible with a lot of air getting to the area. I would recommend wearing long skirts without underwear. Air dry this area with a medium heat hair dryer to keep it dry.
|