Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Swollen Muscles Due To MS Muscle Pain

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I have MS and I have not been fortunate enough to have a Neurologist that I am comfortable with.
I was always told that MS affects your muscles, especially since I have had these attacks before, however, I recently had the worst attack ever, with the right side of my neck, shoulder and arm. The muscles were in high pain and I am guessing, b/c of the tension or stress my muscles were under, my shoulder and my neck became swollen.

I went to my Neurologist yesterday, and she says that my symptoms has nothing to do with MS. I had an extensive blood test done and nothing was ab normal, my WBC were even up (from a 1 and now a 6) so everything on that end was good.
Could my relapse of muscle pain cause swelling?

Also, another question that is not related to the topic, if you may. My neurologist said that it is "normal" to have your WBC count to be a 1. i never heard of this before, and it does not make sense. I know cancer patients who are hospitalized due to that. What is your opinion? glance
Did you find this post helpful?
|