Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Swollen lymph nodes on the right side of neck

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
I have 3 (that I can feel) swollen lymph nodes on the right side of neck (cervical area I think) and two on the left (same area). They are very movable and somewhat "soft". I have had the ones on my right side about 2 months and the ones on my left about 2 weeks. I have had a CBC and "chem-blood-work" (I can't remember what it's called -- it checked my co2, protein & so on), liver blood-work, Hpylori (sp??)test & a thyroid test. All came back fine. I have had a chest x-ray and it was fine. I have not lost any weight, no fevers, or any major symptoms. The only strange issue is I seem to get heart-burn / acid reflux every evening right after dinner - and sometimes with a little "burning" in my upper stomach. I seem to be able to eat what I would consider a "normal amount" (I don't feel like I get full fast, I just get heartburn after eating dinner -- and only dinner). I'm having trouble getting my insurance to approve some further tests, but I'm slightly worried about lymphoma. Are there any other issues that can cause these type of lymph nodes for a 2 month time period with regular heart-burn. I am 39yr old by the way.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

With the description provided the only issue which you seem to have is gastric reflux or GERD.

Other conditions that can present with such form of pain include Hepatitis, gall bladder inflammation (Cholecystitis ) OR gall stones (Cholelithiasis), pancreatitis, etc.

Get additional tests including :-

‎1. Tests to detect H-Pylori infection in the stomach ‎

‎2. a Upper GI endoscopy - For diagnosis of peptic ulcer disease. ‎

The symptoms due to gastritis can be relieved with OTC medications like tums, mylanta and use of acid reducing medications like Omeprazole.

Change of diet, to a low fat, fibre rich diet, regular exercises, and a healthy lifestyle will also help to a larger extent.

|

replied January 1st, 2012
I have had the H=pylori test and it came back normal (.50 I think it was -- the DR. said it was normal). I actually have lost 40lbs this year (due to eating well & exercise) and eat no red meat or pork, mostly chicken, fish, veggies & fruit. I only eat whole or "brown" grains - no white flour & rarely eat processed foods. The heartburn has calmed down a little bit (only about every other or 3rd night) however I am still having pressure & "odd" feelings in my upper abdomen - especially in the upper left near my ribs. I still have the lymph nodes as well. I am actually set for a CT scan of my neck this week.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.