Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Swollen lymph nodes in posterior cervical

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
I'm a 34 yr old female. I have a string of enlarged lymph nodes that I noticed after I had a severe sinus infection six weeks ago. I went to the doctor five days after noticing it, it was actually her that said there was more than one enlarged node. Anyway, she said it was probably infection related, but that she had a patient with a similar lump that slowly grew and was cancer. She told me to come back if it got to 1.5cm+. It's at or a little over 1cm. There is another small lump near it, but that one is really hard to measure because it's hard to find. The smaller lump has been around more than a few months. Anyway, it's the region that concerns me the most. I have poked at it, and maybe that has kept it there, but I am concerned it is still around. Sometimes it seems smaller, but I think that it just buries itself and once it pops out it seems exactly the same. It feels a bit rubbery and moves back and forth. The exact location is slightly behind the ear about jaw level.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 25th, 2011
more
I guess the doc saying the C word to me really scared the crap out of me. I don't think it has the typical cancer characteristics. It's not hard, it's movable etc... So why the need to bring it up? Why not just say watch it and come back if it gets bigger?
|
Did you find this post helpful?