Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen Lymph nodes in Groin,Neck, and Armpit

I am an 18 year old male and have been having a lot of weird symptoms lately. The worst ones by far was pin/needle feeling in skin and light headedness when standing up. I went to the doctors because of this and they took a blood test. I had low D3, a calcium level of 10.6 when normal was 10.4 so not very abnormal. My Pregnenolone and DHEA Sulfates were also low. I am told that those most likely the reasons why i am having these symptoms so i am on medication for that now.

There was one more thing that came back abnormal and that was my liver ALT the normal for this lab was 10-49 and i was at 83. My AST was normal. I am getting a sonogram in a couple days. (I have also taking MDMA related drugs and a lot of Tylenol in my past) Heres where my question comes in about lymph nodes though, ive had a swollen lymph in my neck for quite sometime, ive gone to a few checkups and my doctors haven't said anything about it but i know they felt my neck. In the past few months i noticed this tiny ball under my right armpit, it hasnt been affecting my daily activities either. Also, i noticed the 2 lymph nodes on the corner of my pubic hair/inner thigh area. I am trying not to freak out because the blood tests also showed normal white/red blood cell counts. I have been sick ALOT in the past few months bronchitis,flu, sore throat etc. and was wondering if that was causing these lymph nodes to swell up.

Can anyone give me an insight on what i'm dealing with? Thanks
Craig
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2010
Unfortunately, it is not possible to make or exclude the diagnosis of lymphoma (lymph node cancer) over the internet, or with a blood test.

Lymph nodes normally enlarge (and often become tender) following infections. However, if you have progressively enlarging lymph nodes (especially if they are not associated with any pain or tenderness), then your doctor should evaluate them. If they appear clinically suspicious to your doctor, then a biopsy can be arranged.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied July 7th, 2010
Hi.. Im 21 and had unprotected sex with a girl i don't know that well nor her hiv status... After having sex with her, a few weeks after i started with symtoms like severe headaches, nausia/vomitting,chronick fatigue,dry mouth and throat, mucle ache,fevers and loss of appitite.. These are the severe symtoms i have had in the past 4 months. I have had my urine checked and protien and blood was in it?.. Though the blood could not be seen when urinating.. I also had an hiv test done the both of us came out negative for hiv (but she did not want to have her urine tested) i got suspecious and started to think that she might have an STD but not HIV.. I tested for hiv at 9weeks is that long enough to detect on an antibody test? I also have a unusuall lump on my right hand that feels half tender and hard that becomes inflammed at times? Please try and help me
|

replied April 30th, 2012
Swollen lyph nodes on right side?
Hi, I am a 20y/o male.When I was little My mother took me to the doctor because my lymph nodes were swolen in my groin. Now however i have noticed my post auricular lymph node(behind ear) one in my armpit, and one in my groin ONLY on my right side are swollen. They are not tender at all, I am very active, and have a good diet. However 4 years ago I had unprotected sex with a girl( high school mistake Sad..) My energy lvl is great, and i dont feel sick at all... Has anyone had anything simular to this? or anyone have an idea?

Also they have been swollen for a few years now, they dont get smaller or bigger. Is it a possible cause of Chronic allergies?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.