Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Swollen lymph nodes in both armpits??

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
In the past 2 days my lymph nodes in the armpits have been very sore and swollen. They have not gotten any bigger. I am 17 and I am worried that it could be some kinda cancer. Tomorrow I am going to my local doctor to get it checked but I am very worried that it is going to be something bad. Could it be cancer at this young of an age??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Sore and swollen node is most likely to be an enlarged lymph node. For this, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes and swollen glands is the best test. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis as they are often caused by an infection, allergic reactions, rarely cancer or metabolic diseases.
A physical examination would also help in giving a fair idea.Kindly visit a Physician for evaluation.
Take care!

|

replied February 7th, 2012
You could have mastitis, which is an infection in the breasts which can cause the lymph nodes to swell up.
|

replied February 9th, 2012
Swollen lymph is very painful if it is under armpit. I think you must consult a physician in this regard otherwise delay may be harmful.
|

replied May 15th, 2012
Experienced User
Hello,

I believe that you have these because you wera underwire and push-up type bras. These bras cutt off the lymphatic and blood circulatory systems and also the mammary glands. That is why you are having these problems. You should wear the full type cup bras without the underwire.

Meanwhile, you should massage your underarms with a skin cream on a daily base.
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
Lymph nodes.
I also have these tiny pea sized balls on both of my under arms. I went to the docters to have it checked out. All they did was touch it and told me how long have I had it.
I have had them over a Year now.
They gave me antibiotics. Told me to drink them 3times a day and to place a heated up cloth under my arms.
They believe it's puss trapped inside mostly caused by shaving. Though I kind of didn't believe that. I tried what they told me to do. Now my lymph nodes aren"t swollen nor can you feel them anymore.
I have to check on again tomorrow for them to see how it's working out.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.