Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen lymph nodes & cold sores

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Dear Doctor,

I have had Recurring Cold-Sores for pretty much as long as I can remember, but I've had Health Anxiety for the past 3 months or so, causing me to check myself for lumps frequently...

Earlier I felt 3 Enlarged Lymph Nodes, They are normally located under my jaw, or inside my jaw, When I tilt my head back I can not feel them, however when I press my chin against my chest, they seem to pop out from under the jaw and I can feel them, grab a hold of them and move them around. Theres 2 on the right side, & 1 on the left side About the same position.

I also have Cold Sores since yesterday, on the right side of my upper lip...

Are these enlarged nodes most likely caused by the Cold Sores?

Here is a small picture, the text has a tiny line above it, pointing to the exact position where I seem to feel the nodes..

Kind regards,

Kraggy!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Kraggy
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Swollen lymph nodes located along the underside of the jaw on either side, and just below the chin, can be due to cold sores, since they drainage the lips area.
Try not to stress, cause it is one of the factors for recurrent cold sores.
You may talk with your physician about preventive medicines, used to lower the frequency of attacks.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied May 5th, 2009
I see, But I got a question. You say they are located just below the chin to, but I do not seem to feel them there. However the ones in my jaw are swollen. How come the ones closest to the cold sores are not swollen, but the ones a bit further are?

Kind regards,

Kraggy
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
herpetic gingivostomatitis
This seems very odd. My daughter had the exact symptoms last week, and now my husband is suffering from it as well. It may very well be be herpetic gingivostomatitis, but why is there seeming to be an outbreak of it?
|

replied October 24th, 2012
I am actually going through this now.. I have a knot I guess would be a lymph node and it's under my chin, when I lift my head up I feel it. I have very bad anxiety so I'm really scared as to why I have this.. But I also have a cold sore.. And the lymph node is located in the same spot just under my chin...
|