Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen lymph nodes and pain throughout body

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi. One Night I was Cleaning out my Fan due to the accumulation of dust making it difficult to spin. Dust got into my face on the ground and on my bed. I didn't remove the dust from my bed i just went to sleep. The next day i woke up with a lump sensation in my throat. some days after lymph nodes were swollen in the groin area. Now I have Pains and aches through out my body i have been taking antibiotics but it doesn't seem to be working and my chest and back is hurting a lot. Could you please tell me whats wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The most common cause for this symptom, lump sensation in throat, is mild infection, usually due to viral sore throat.
Antibiotics don't work for viral infections.

Tell me exactly where you find swollen lymph nodes (are just groin lymph nodes swollen)?
What else you are experiencing?
Do you feel extremely fatigue?
For how long you have swollen groin lymph nodes?
|

replied June 9th, 2008
I don't really experience any other side effects just a few pains here and there a slight cold i sneeze a bit and a slight chest pain. i am quite alright. my lymph nodes are slightly swollen now compared to before when they were a lot larger. i am still taking antibiotics though. but i don't feel extreme fatigue the lymph node is my groin are swollen for quite a while perhaps 3 weeks i think. My friend told me it might be infectious mononucleosis but i don't know
|