Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Swollen lymph node in neck

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Ever since I was about 4 (maybe younger, but I noticed it when I was 4) I have had a bump behind my ear, inbetween my spinal cord and my ear in that little dip area. It hasn't changed size in the 12 years I have noticed it. But I would still liek to know what it is as I see in causes for swollen lymph nodes Cancer, and this worrys me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 21st, 2008
actually, sometiems it is smaller than other times. Such as right now I can barly feel it but yesterday it was obvious
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2009
swollen lymph
i too have a problem with my lymphnodes swelling for years. from what i understand the lymphs swell in reation to an infection and help to fight off whatever is invading your system. i was told by one medical "professinal" that if it were cancerous i would be dead already :-/ . I have gone to other doctors and medical specilaist and they have returned no answer for this condition. They ran several blood tests and biopsy. It is worth going to have the biop done just to make sure it is not cancerous but to find out why they are swelling may take years worth of testing so be sure you have good medical! And do not settle for the "nothing is wrong" as I often get. Find a good doc who actually cares and is willing to help you get to the bottom of the issue. Good luck
|