Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Swollen lymph node and itchy rash on my face

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Hi, I am 37 years old. I have, as long as I can remember, been able to feel the lymph node on the right side of my neck. It's about halfway down my neck and 1 - 2 inches behind my ear. Today I noticed that it was swollen with no pain. In the past when I was sick, this lymph node would swell and become tender. I am able to move it and it seems fairly firm. It seems to be maybe a little over a centimeter across. Within the past week I have had a bumpy, itchy rash on my face. I thought it was a heat rash because I have been spending a lot of time in the sun and at the beach. I also had a strange pimple/possible spider bite near my eye that caused some swelling near my eye. I wonder if these things have caused my lymph node to swell. What worries me the most is that it is not tender like it usually is when I'm fighting an infection.
Did you find this post helpful?
|