Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Swollen labia and rash between ...

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I started my period a few days ago and I started using a different pad. The area around my vagina started to feel irritated and it was painful so I looked down there and it was very red and had bumps. Could it just be irritated from the pad? Or is it an STD?

Also, today I took a shower at my friend's house and I used their soap to wash down there. The lips swelled up and they were very hard and looked shiny. I can feel them rubbing on my thighs when I walk and it's uncomfortable. Could this be an allergic reaction to the soap?

I don't know if the rash is a form of an STD. My boyfriend and I have sex without condoms but he doesn't have anything because I took his virginity and I don't sleep around with other guys. He's the first guy I've had sex with without a condom. The only way I would have an STD is if he slept with another girl and gave it to me but I highly doubt that's the case.

Thank you for your time,
Jacqui
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 15th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Navajo, yes, itcan very definitely be an allergy. Modern pads have all sorts of manufactured top layers, gel cores and plastic backings. So try another make.

Having too much sex, dry sex, prolonged intercourse or rough sex can also do this. You can use an ice pack wrapped in a towel to cool your vulva down, but watch out for frost bite.

The best thing to wash your vulva with is plain water, not soap.

Also monitor yourself for an infection (fungal, yeast or bacterial).

Best of luck!

If it does not get better, talk to your doctor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: jaacquiqui