Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Swollen itchy fingers and hands, rash also on body

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
Last night my hands started to itch, then they swelled up 3x their normal size and I had a sharp pain in the middle of both my palms, overnight the swelling became worse, and the pain moved down into my fore arm. Also my right eye swelled up badly and I have a nasty itchy rash on the back of my neck and on the inside and back of my thighs. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lesslee
|

replied August 31st, 2011
I had similar, less severe, but chronic symptoms. Swollen hands, rash, anxiety, etc.
It turned out I had a food allergy to wheat! It's different from a gluten intolerance (celiacs disease) mostly in symptoms. If you have a food allergy it could be to anything: egg, nuts, soy, milk, and corn are some of the most common.

Has your diet changed lately? If these problems persist, see your doctor to have an allergen test done so you can change your diet accordingly.
|
Did you find this post helpful?