Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen inguinal lymph node on right side help

I'm a 19 year old female. A little over a month ago I noticed a swollen lymph node on the right side of my groin near my leg. I didn't think much of it until it didn't go away after a couple of weeks. It does not hurt, and it is hard and fixed. I saw a doctor about it and she asked me if I had any cuts or bruises to speak of. I said no and she asked if there were any other symptoms to report. I wasn't quite sure what exactly she would consider symptoms related to that and again I said no. I got blood work done and an ultrasound which confirmed it was an enlarged lymph node. I was put on a 10 day course of antibiotics which didn't make the swelling go down and only gave me diarrhea. I was referred to a surgeon to "look" at it, but my appointment hasn't come yet. I'm very worried because it's not red or painful. It doesn't hurt, really. I'm always very tired and I haven't lost weight. I'm 4'11 and weigh 96-98 pounds usually. I have always been skinny and no matter how much I eat I don't gain weight. I have this random bald spot on top of my head which came out of nowhere but the doctor said this is probably not related. Can anyone tell me what may be going on? I've had this lymph node visibly swollen for over a month now and I'm a little worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tinydes
|

replied December 9th, 2012
Hi,
How are you now?

I am going through exactly same thing. Same 10 days course of antibiotics. Done with 7th day but still they swelling is there as it is. If the swelling doesn't come down till the end of medicine course the surgeon will do a biopsy, most probably on this Saturday.
|
Did you find this post helpful?