Hi, I'm posting this on behalf of my wife who's life is being turned upside down with the following symptoms which our GP is failing to diagnose....
1. Her hands are swollen constantly and she cannot extend her fingers flat, or make a fist and she is in constant pain but it is a lot worse at night and she wakes up every night around 4-5am in excruciating pain in her hands, she says that along with the pain, her hands feel like the skin in really pulling like the hands are going to explode. She is constantly tired due to lack of sleep.
2. Her feet and ankles are swollen and she can longer wear most of her shoes, but I don't think she suffers any real pain here
3. In the morning, or after a period of inactivity, i.e. sitting in a chair for an hour, she struggles to stand up, her knee joints "click" like they need some lubrication to get her moving, but after a while it eases, although not completely and she stuggles to walk up stairs etc.
4. She has been sweating profusely during the night
5. She has recently had anaemia, although recent blood tests indicate her haemoglobin levels have returned to normal through iron supplements and being fitted with a coil.
6. She has a thyroid condition and has to take daily medication for this.
Our GP has finally referred her to an Arthritis doctor, so we are hoping he finds something, but the NHS system is slow and she is still waiting for an appointment date.
Please, does anybody have these symptoms and has had a diagnosis, or may know what is causing this?
My wife has had these symtoms for about approx 4 months now, which I appreciate is not a large amount of time to live with this pain, but she was previously very fit and healthy, but this has all happened relatively quickly and she and I are obviously concerned there is something wrong and we want to get it fixed as soon as possible so she can get on with her life.
I am dealing with most of these symptoms. I don't have the night sweats. I've already been evaluated for arthritis. They've ruled out Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis and are treating me for osteo. I've taken anti-inflammatories and glucosamine with no apparent relief. My next step is to get an evaluation for Lyme disease. It's frustrating that no one (the doctors) seem to think this is unusual.
Body pains - hands and feet before, during and after periods.
It is comforting to know that there are other people who are experiencing the same symptoms as i have been for years, with my doctors not being able to diagnose what is wrong with me, which makes it even more frustrating.
I suffer from swollen hands and feet mostly shortly before , during and after my periods,my fingers become swollen and i cannt bend them, my feet swollen and i am barely able to walk, with excruciating pain, which makes daily activities difficult.
Mostly during such episodes, I have to hold my hands up, as they feel like they are about to explode, sometimes also, i am not able to put my heels down as they ache with excruciating pain.
Any period of prolonged sitting poses difficult with being able to walk thereafter, as legs then need to be mobilised to aid ability to walk. This is now become a monthly pattern and seems to be taking over my life and with the pain being so great, I am extremely fed up with it but life has to carry on but i do want a solution.
Consultatnts have ruled out rheumatoide athritis as they have heamatology problem, I am now being referred for osteo athritis assessment, which i doubt is the problem. I don't feel my doctors are listening or maybe they just do not know what is wrong with me but i know something is definitely wrong and that it must have something to do with my menstrual period.
I am considering whether have a hysterectomy or injections to stop my period s will help but then do not know if it will add more problems.
Can anyone offer any suggestion for consideration. Thank you.
These are all symptoms of arthritis. You should consult an experienced doc for treating the conditions as it sounds like a severe and painful problem for your wife. Meanwhile you can take the benefits of a few home remedies to get some relief. Massage eucalyptus oil on the affected area and then cover it with a plastic wrap, have a few juliennes, have aloe Vera juice as it improves the immunity power and last but not the least wear copper bracelets. Hope this helps your wife.