Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Swollen glands after certain foods ?

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
User Profile
About a month ago I was eating spicy Buffalo wings at a restaurant. I was getting that usual tingle in the corner of my jaw from the wing sauce. However, after eating most of the wings, I was slowly noticing that the "tingle" from the wing sauce in the left side of my jaw was particularly strong. Much stronger than it had ever been. I touched that side of my jaw and noticed it was very, very swollen. The swelling went from where my ear meets my head down to under my jaw, and it was rock hard. No pain mind you, but a lot of pressure. I assumed it had something to do with the wing sauce but this had never happened before, even though I have had spicy wings thousands of times before. Anyway, just a few days ago, I was having a purple Gatorade(don't remember the flavor) and the same thing happened again. Same swelling(although nowhere near as swollen as with the wings) same place. And yes, I did have that same tingle in my jaw I got from the wings, just not as strong. How is this possible, and am I allergic to something? To date, I haven't been allergic to anything. Please advise.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2009
Supporter
It sounds like you may have some kind of infection in the gland and certain foods and drinks may be irritating the gland. If I were you I would go to the doc and get it checked out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?