Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Swollen gland in neck

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
User Profile
This is the 2nd time my right gland in my neck has swollen really large to like 3 times its size. It doesn't move around like the other one and besides it hurting when I touch it I have no other symptoms. I'm not sick and I don't feel sick or rundown. What could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 12th, 2008
Experienced User
Have you had a cold recently or do you have allergies? My son always had swollen glands in his neck in high school (he is 24 now) and it was due to allergies, which would turn into infections and settle in his glands. Also, he had mono, which is sometimes hard to detect from a blood test. His first mono test came back negative, and after several weeks, we had a second done, and he tested positive for it. Drink a lot of fluids and try to get as much rest as you can. If it continues for more than a week, I would consult your medical doctor.
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2008
Supporter
I do have allergies. It's just only the one glad that swells up always not the other ones. Thanks a lot.
|