Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

swollen chest joints lymph nodes

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
Hi i'm really hoping someone can help me please as i am in alot of discomfort and getting no where with docs.It all started new year eve2012 when my sternoclavicular joint started putting and aching but nothing too painful anyway i thought no more of it and got ready to party (i'm 28 year old female) after i put my dress on and was giving myself the once over i noticed the joint was protuding right out and was easily visibly noticeable. Not to be one to miss aparty i went anyway but when i was drinking was getting a burning feeling in tummy. Anyway woke up sunday aching and sore but thought it was hangover (sunday) returned to work monday n felt even worse by wed felt terrible extremely tired and generally unwell along with major pain in joint and stiffness went to docs and she said it looked like i'd fractured joint and sent me for xray anyway all my glands swelled up and all my chest wall bones swelled up and all my joints ached and burned went back to docs and was given ibuprofen and a blood test he suspected shingles and was told to watch out for rash. The bones got bigger the joints burnt more and i felt like i was dying still no rash went back to docs week later giving naproxen and codiene and was told could be glandular fever even tho no sore throat 4 days later go back again and get referred to rhematotlogist who said very strange and took full bloods and arranged to have app sent in post to have dye xray. which i'm still awaiting.I have swollen glands all over neck behind ears huge ones under pits under collar bone groin and random other places all left side chest wall swollen still and this has been going on for 5 weeks. Now my jaw tight and swollen at cheek and have big solid boney lump on roof of mouth at side.The naproxen has took the inflammation down in joints though. I'm literaly bedridden. Anyway last night my neck felt wierd at back with lumps that pop in when ya touch em at just under hairline and i tipped mt head back slightly and the whole of the front of my throat(sorry no good with medical terms ) seemed to pop out i was jammed omly lasted few minutes but was really scary. can't see doc for another 5 days please help me?My neck is still swollen and tight and heavy and weird feeling not painful tho i'm not in so much pain now just feel generally unwell almost like flu without the cough or runny nose. I also am suffering from a acidy tast in mouth what could be happening to me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 28th, 2012
I have now been diagnosed with tietze syndrome and will be getting a bone and ct scan later this week.
|
Did you find this post helpful?