Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Swollen and sore labia majora

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Three days ago, I noticed a lump on my right labia majora. I though at first that it was an ingrown hair or something, but since then it has spread to a bigger, sore, painful bump and become quite red and kind of stiff. There seems to be a small amount of some sort of white discharge, but I haven't noticed any strange smells.

Almost a week ago now, I began taking penicillin, prescribed to me for my strep throat. I'm hoping this problem has something to do with the antibiotics (which have a LOT of possible side effects). Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2011
I'm having the same problem!! I had trek throat and began taking z pak for it. Next day I have this almost cyst like thing same place... Mine is painfull
|
Did you find this post helpful?