Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Swollen and sore clitoris and not sexually active.

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
My clit is really sore and swollen, and it feels as if someone is constantly squeezing it. I'm 16 and not sexually active. I don't think its yeast infection or anything, but has anyone else experienced this before? I would like to know how to get the swelling down and get rid of the pain. Any advice? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile missjane
|

replied January 1st, 2012
Community Volunteer
When or why did this start?

You can try a ice pack wrapped in cloth. You can also try an NSAID (anti-inflammatory) pain killer like Panado/Aleve/Ibprofin. Read the warnings and follow the instructions.
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2012
It started swelling yesterday, and for what reason i have no clue. Its still sensitive on the tip, but anything further hurts.
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
Community Volunteer
Swelling like that can be from friction and bumping (masturbation / sex / exercise / underwear / cycling/horse back riding / tight clothes etc.), allergy and irritation (soap, menstrual pad or panty liner, washing powder or fabric softener on your panties, shaving), infection (yeast / UTI).

The most common is from masturbation, either too dry, directly on the clitoris glans or too hard.

Try my previous suggestions and try to figure out if one of the things I mentioned could have caused it.

Remember to only wash between your outer lips and under your clitoris hood with clean water and your fingers. Do not make the water too hot, it will dry the skin there. Make sure you stay dry there. Wear cotton panties and sleep without panties if it is safe to do so. Avoid synthetic and warm panties, as well as nylons and tight pants.
|

User Profile
It is like 3 times it size and now walking hurts, i've tried the ice but it doesn't take down the swelling, it just soothes it. Is there any way to get the swelling down? Thank you for your help, it's appreciated.
|

Community Volunteer
Unfortunately taking a non steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) and ice is about the extent of what you can do yourself. Wash with luke warm water and do not wear underwear and see if it gets better.

Other than that you might have to talk to your mom and see a doctor.

Bets of luck!
|

User Profile
This morning when I woke and went to the bathroom, i saw blood and after further looking realized it was coming out of my clit. I trie squeezing it to see if i could try and get the blood out but it was too painful and I stopped. Could this have something to do with the swelling?
|

replied January 5th, 2012
You really, really should see a gynecologist, you don't want to risk damage to such an important organ. Many women can only achieve orgasm through clitoral stimulation, and you could get an infection. You're risking your health and getting any pleasure when you become sexually active later in life.
|

replied August 22nd, 2013
i suffering from swelling in vagina.after meeting with my partner i feel pain but i didn't take seriously i think it is common but after some time i fell itching and pain then i use olive oil but after that it has grown.i m in moscow please suggest me what i do...
|