Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Swollen and Pale Pink Urethral Sponge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm not sure whether this is a vaginal or urinary problem, but my urethral sponge (the little piece of flesh below my urethra and right above my vagina) has become enlarged, has become pale pink, and it sticks out more than it usually does. Also my vagina itches, hurts when I have sexual intercourse, and burns when I pee... However, there is not odor or chunky discharge. I went to the doctor twice for this problem and both times I was given yeast infection medicine and once I was given medicine for a UTI. Both times the swelling went down and the discoloration went away, but returned after having sexual intercourse. My boyfriend has been checked for STIs and doesn't have any. I have only had sexual intercourse with him.

I'm also wondering if birth control pills might have something to do with this problem, but, I have been on the pill for almost 10 months now and my problems only started showing around 6 months ago. The problems have also been getting worse in recent months. I'm going to get an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as I can, but unfortunately it might take a while to see one so I'd like to know what it is, (if anyone's encountered it before) and/or if this sounds super serious and in need of urgent medical attention...

Also I should mention that there are holes in my urethral sponge, and although I'm pretty sure it's normal that they're there, I'm a little worried with how deep they are... I don't know if that's normal as well...

Thanks for the help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2009
Swollen Urethral sponge
I'm actually relieved that someone has the same problem as me. I have the exact same thing - it fares up after intercourse and I've noticed the deep holes, too. I've recentley had two UTI's. I have no idea what it is, but I'm going through the same thing.
|

replied December 26th, 2011
The clitoris is the most sensitive spot in the female body because it is densely packed with extremely sensitive nerve endings. The organ exists solely for sexual pleasure and clitoral stimulation is usually necessary for a woman to achieve an orgasm. If you have never touched your clitoris before until just recently, it could be very sensitive and that is why you feel that it hurts when you push on it. Because this is a new feeling for your brain to process it may not know what to do with the intense sensations that touching the clitoris can produce, and thus you interpret it as pain. Even once your clitoris gets used to being touched, it can still be incredibly sensitive and the line between pleasure and pain is often very thin. Some women have clitorises that are so sensitive that they cannot be directly stimulated- this is something that you will have to figure out as you continue to explore your body.

I don't know If this will help, I have the same problem as well. Sometimes I would be on my period. So my body was very sensitive. The first time, I've had it. It went away once my body calmed down. I got this from a teenMed site.
|

replied December 29th, 2011
I had this very same problem so I consult my physician and she said that she didnt exactly know what could have cause it because i had no sign of infection in my urine, and all my std test came back negative! So i worried for a while...ok back to the problem the space betewwn my urethra and vaginal opening was very swollen and it hurt pretty bad to lean forward or to sit so I took it apon myself to go and buy some suppositories for a yeast infection even though i didnt have one i used the cream and the first night It felt very irritating and itchy but the next morning it popped yes It busting open like a pimple or something and once I cleaned myself up the relieve was unbelievable!!! I contined to take my Bactrim and I was back to new again!!! I hope this helps...I think a women can become irritated by different saops, santitary pads, and tampons. And ladies always remember to wipe front to back this is very important as well!
|