Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Swelling upper left abdomen

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I am very concern about a swelling on the left side of my upper abdomen containing a lump in the middle of it. I have had a CT 2 months ago that came back norm except for several fatty spots on the liver. My family physican told me that it was nothing to worry about, but still I am concern. I have had the swelling for a month now and have not been able to eat any type of food except bland food. I have lost 20 pounds since May and when I do eat become nuaseated. Some days are worse than others. The pain is always there, but at times not severe. Have very little energy, and have read this could be my spleen. Can someone help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper schelyne
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2008
lump on left side
A family member had a lump on her stomach and couldn't hold any food or liquids down. She has lost a lot of weight and the doctors couldn't find out what was wrong with her. They think that it is cromes disease (bowels) so ask your doctor to check you for that.
|

replied March 7th, 2009
Swelling upper abdomen and blood in urine
I'm a 47 year old female who's been in Menopause for 19 months now. I've been having swelling in my upper abdomen and blood in my urine on and off for the last 18 months or so. I'm not having typical urinary tract infection symptoms, i.e. urgency, burning on urination, etc. I'm not having anything involving my bladder. I'm not urinating more often. I'm having pain on and off in both kidneys. Is this just a kidney infection? I do have a history back in 1985 of right Pylonephritis; but, the typical UTI symptoms went along with the kidney pain. I'm also experiencing leg cramps, tingling and burning in my hands and feet and low-grade fevers. I was found to be anemic about a year and a half ago and was put on extra iron. Are these symptoms typical during Menopause, or is it just something going on with my kidneys?
|

replied January 15th, 2010
upper left abdominal pain and swelling
It could also be your pancreas. I had a very mild case of pancreatitis that had the exact same symptoms. My GI doc said it was spasming and typically it was worse when I ate fatty foods sicne this is when your pancreas is triggered to release its enzymes.
It could also be a blockage in the pancreatic ducts...not a full bolckage, but one that is causing the pain and or slight pancreatitis. Esp if your bloodwrok shows no signs of pancreatitis. My advice...get a really good, experienced GI doc...no offense against young docs, but you need one with experience who has seen it all...have them look into this esp if you have any history or family history of gallbladder disease.
|

replied June 29th, 2013
i am suffering from pain to the left of my stomach and it looks a bit egg shaped, it appears to be half way up, i have had pancreatits in the past i'm not sure whats wrong, any help would be appreciated
|