Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Swelling under left ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have a swelling just under my ear on the left side of my face. Although there is no pain, it is a little tender to the touch. I haven't had a sore throat or even a cold.

Thank you for reading
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile deteragram
|

replied July 1st, 2009
Swelling on left side of face under ear
have a swelling just under my ear on the left side of my face. Although there is no pain, it is a little tender to the touch. I have had a running noise. along with swimming everyday.
Thank you for reading
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Supporter
tjackson61, you probably have a swollen lymph node. Lymph nodes swell when a person's body is fighting off a cold, allergies, infection... It is normal and should go away on its own. Don't press on it or bother it or it will become painful.
|

replied June 26th, 2012
Under ear swelly
I have swelling under my left ear that comes and goes does not hurt but it uncomfortable at times also it feels better when I eat
|
Quick Reply